Grace Fellowship began on December 10, 1972, at Villa Fontana Clubhouse in Tulsa, Oklahoma with fifty people and Phil Johnson as pastor. Within a few weeks the congregation moved to Moore Funeral Chapel, and in the spring of 1973 the fast-growing Grace Fellowship moved to Skelly Jr. High with about 300 people.
In 1976, Grace Fellowship moved to a temporary home at Thoreau Jr. High while raising money for a permanent home. During the two year stay at Thoreau, the congregation grew to over 1000 people making Grace Fellowship the largest charismatic church in Tulsa. In 1978, Grace Fellowship moved to a new home at 86th and Memorial, on 10 acres purchased in May 1973.
With the addition of a new pastor, Bob Yandian, in 1980, and a continuously growing congregation, the need for more seating and parking space became acute. Grace Fellowship finally found the perfect location for the present needs that would also allow for future growth. In 1981, an 80 acre tract at 96th and Garnett was purchased, and in October 1983 Grace Fellowship moved to the current location. A lot of rooms have been added to the facility since 1983 and we now have over 180,000 square feet of building space for our growing congregation and adult Sunday School classes. Our campus includes a beautiful and secure facility designed just for children, complete with a real carousel; a building where teens can worship and hang out together; a chapel for weddings and funerals; a bookstore and coffee shop; and The Storehouse, a food and clothing outreach.
In January 2006, Grace Fellowship changed its name to Grace Church. In May 2013, Pastor Bob Yandian stepped out into a traveling teaching ministry and Robb Yandian became Pastor.
Change is a constant in life, but the teaching of the Word and powerful worship have remained the foundation of our church for over 40 years.